Metal Supermarkets® is expanding rapidly and is always looking for experienced metals people! The ability to work in a small, resourceful team-based environment focused on delivering world-class customer service is critical in all roles.
Depending on the market area, Metal Supermarkets® often has exciting career prospects in the following positions:
Lead a branch team ensuring that all staff work safely together to constantly satisfy customer and internal operational requirements.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Respond to telephone, email and fax inquiries from customers and make outbound calls to prospects. Provide ’over-the-top customer service’ and secure orders.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Support branch operations and order fulfillment as well as respond to telephone, email and fax inquiries from customers. Provide ’over-the-top customer service’ in a safe and team-conscious environment.
WAREHOUSE AND ORDER FULFILLMENT
Shipping and receiving metal orders. Scheduling and expediting customer orders to ensure ’over-the-top customer service’. Safe operation of metal movement and cutting equipment.
Deliver metal to local industrial and manufacturing client base. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and excellent customer relationship skills.
There are currently no available positions but please keep checking back. In some cases we will actively contact franchisees if we hear from outstanding candidates. Upload your resume below in order to add your employment interest to our file.
Metal Supermarkets Franchising Family of Companies
Location: Head Office – 520 Abilene Drive, 2nd Floor Mississauga, Ontario, L5T 2H7, Canada
Metal Supermarkets, the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals, is seeking a Training Specialist to join our team. Known worldwide as The Convenience Stores for Metal, we are a business to business franchised brand with over 80 brick-and-mortar stores across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We have been providing businesses and consumers with quality customer service and products since 1985. Our company is experiencing strong growth, and to support that growth we need to expand our team.
The Training Specialist is a core member of the Franchise & Operations Team and is based in our Mississauga Head Office. This role reports to the Director, Franchise Support & Operations. They will be responsible for the development & support of training across North America and the United Kingdom.
The Training Specialist delivers and supports constant improvement of store operations through the development, testing, documentation, facilitation and improvement of quality training programs in all facets of store operations and management.
- To develop a very strong understanding of our business model and how operational excellence is executed within our stores.
- In conjunction with the Operations and Executive Team, as well as franchisees, support the development of a training strategy and implementation plan.
- Plan, develop, test, and deliver Metal Supermarkets’ training initiatives from entry level skills, technical, systems and software training through to management skills and leadership development.
- Develop and facilitate training on multiple platforms that include e-learning, webinars, in-class facilitation and manuals.
- Develop training tools to be used in the delivery of training for line level employees.
- Continually assess stores’ operational training needs to address and overcome common obstacles.
- Implement and adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures outlined in the Health & Safety Program.
- Educate and support Metal Supermarkets’ Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- To support an engaging, trusting, mutually profitable relationship between franchisees and the franchisor.
- Update and manage manuals.
- Attend and participate in Metal Supermarkets’ annual franchise conference.
- Travel, including internationally, as required to support Metal Supermarkets’ training needs.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Relevant college or university degree.
- At least 2 years training experience preferably working in a multi-national/multi-location and/or franchise environment.
- A proven track record of developing and delivering training systems on multiple platforms.
- Understanding of fundamental training principles and adult learning techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and direct others.
- Team player who is able to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet demanding timelines.
- Must possess a good understanding of basic financial accounting.
- Strong creative capabilities.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. ERP and/or POS system exposure is valuable.
- Exceptional planning and organizational abilities.
- Highly self-motivated, works well independently and displays a high degree of accountability.
All interested applicants can apply by sending their resume and cover letter to Dean Spokes, Director Franchise Support & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metal Supermarkets – Steel, Aluminum, Stainless, Hot-Rolled, Cold-Rolled, Alloy, Carbon, Galvanized, Brass, Bronze, Copper
Over 75 locations in North America offering instant access to a wide variety of metal types, shapes, sizes and grades.Find your closest store