Have you always had a natural way with people? Do you love to help? Are you good with your hands and value great customer service? Do you think “yes” before “no?” Are you solutions driven and take pride in customer satisfaction? These traits could make you the perfect fit for a job with variety and great compensation in a stable industry with a rapidly expanding organization.
Metal Supermarkets is the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals with stores across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. We sell a variety of metal products and cutting services to businesses and consumers. Our customers love us because of our outstanding customer service. We’re fast, friendly, convenient and knowledgeable. We’re passionate about service.
Why Join The Metal Supermarkets Team?
We offer competitive wages, opportunities for wage increases, standard work hours – no shift work here, monthly team bonuses, comprehensive training, medical benefits, an education plan, and annual salary reviews. We’ve built a strong team culture. Management is supportive and the team is positive, resourceful and helpful. Turnover is low because our staff love the camaraderie, the environment and the work. We support our teams and we love to promote from within, providing opportunities for advancement.
Position: Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager is a key employee second only to the Store Manager at the store level, supervising and assisting in all areas relating to the efficient and profitable management of the store and delivery of quality customer service.
You conduct yourself in a professional manner conducive to fostering and maintaining a team attitude resulting in excellent customer relationships and consistent compliance with Policies and Procedures. You direct or perform sales, marketing, order processing, production and distribution for the store and assigned territory by performing the following primary responsibilities personally or through subordinates. The Assistant Store Manager is expected to capably run the store operation in the absence of the Store Manager.
To be successful, the Assistant Store Manager must be growth driven, supportive of Metal Supermarkets’ Mission, Vision, and Core Values as well as compliant with Metal Supermarkets’ business system.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? THE RIGHT FIT!
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT – Conscientious work attitude, innovative, service driven and continuously improving
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS – Effectively manage and motivate staff
- POSITIVE INTERACTIVE / PEOPLE SKILLS – People friendly. You love to help and work with the public
- CUSTOMER ORIENTED – Patient, empathic, providing excellent service and solutions to our customers
- MOTIVATION & ENTHUSIASM – Love to work in a fast-paced environment
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS – Maintain effective operations
- TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS – Juggle multiple projects at once
- PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITIES – Demonstrated ability to deal with change, make decisions and implement creative solutions.
- ADAPTABILITY – Flexibility to respond to a variety of situations and requests
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
STAFF MANAGEMENT & TRAINING
- Personally, train staff or assist the Store Manager including customer service, warehouse, delivery, and health and safety functions and processes
- Manage all staff on day to day functions in compliance with all Policies and Procedures and the Store Managers direction
- In conjunction with the Store Manager, ensure the store achieves sales and profitability targets
- Reviews product costs and quality; modifies inventory control programs maximizing operations profitability
- Competitive analysis
- Budget recommendations for management
- Effectively employ all marketing and sales resources. These include, but are not limited to, staff telephone skill training programs, social media programs, prospect lists, existing customer information reports, hard copy marketing material, email templates and any other approved programs or resources
- Provide input into the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to achieve/surpass budgeted sales and profit objectives
- Build and maintain a customer service and sales focused culture within the store
- Confers with customers and industry representatives to evaluate, promote improved and expanded services in the store territory
- Provide consistent, superior customer service by ensuring that all customer needs are recognized and serviced, and that satisfaction is exceeded at all times
- Ensure all Quotes are followed up correctly and promptly by customer service representatives
- In conjunction with the Store Manager, maximize individual and team potential of all store staff, by establishing clear performance expectations and standards; providing constructive feedback, coaching and training
- Evaluate the performance of all store staff and make recommendations to the Store Manager
- Assist the Store Manager in planning, preparing and approving work schedules, vacation requests and overtime
- Ensure compliance with company safety procedures, including training subordinate staff in Safety procedures
- Manage and contribute to all aspects of effective store operations including customer assistance, purchasing, quoting, tele-sales, product sourcing and material handling
- Manages the purchase of stock and services, distribution, warehousing, and sales records
- Work in conjunction with the Store Manager to effectively recruit for approved positions at the store level.
- Ensure proper maintenance of company vehicles and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to multi task, establish priorities and manage conflict
- Strong math skills with an ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to recognize problems, review data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with necessary variables
- Ability to plan work schedules and manage budgets
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Computer proficiency including MS office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Exceptional telephone skills and etiquette
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Metal and metal related product knowledge a definite asset
* Actual responsibilities and qualifications may vary by franchise location. For details on a specific opportunity, please contact the store directly.