Have you always had a natural way with people? Do you love to help? Are you good with your hands and value great customer service? Do you think “yes” before “no?” Are you solutions driven and take pride in customer satisfaction? These traits could make you the perfect fit for a job with variety and great compensation in a stable industry with a rapidly expanding organization.
Metal Supermarkets is the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals with stores across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. We sell a variety of metal products and cutting services to businesses and consumers. Our customers love us because of our outstanding customer service. We’re fast, friendly, convenient and knowledgeable. We’re passionate about service.
Why Join The Metal Supermarkets Team?
We offer competitive wages, opportunities for wage increases, standard work hours – no shift work here, monthly team bonuses, comprehensive training, medical benefits, an education plan, and annual salary reviews.
We’ve built a strong team culture. Management is supportive and the team is positive, resourceful and helpful. Turnover is low because our staff love the camaraderie, the environment and the work. We support our teams and we love to promote from within, providing opportunities for advancement.
Position: Customer Service Representative
Your primary responsibility will be to address the service needs of Metal Supermarkets’ customers. You’ll spend the day on your feet, moving between our customer service counter, the office, and the shop floor. Orders and inquiries are received via phone, email and walk-ins. You’ll consult with trade professionals and do-it-your-selfers, assisting in their material needs and working to find solutions.
Your people skills will make customers feel welcome, validated and well-served. When a customer leaves, they leave with their orders, confident and satisfied knowing their experience with Metal Supermarkets was a positive one. It will take strong multi-tasking skills and attention to detail as you juggle several demands at once. We’ll train you in operating our machines and working with different metals. If you’re customer focused, passionate about service and customer satisfaction, have a positive attitude, solutions driven and motivated to learn, we can teach you the rest.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? THE RIGHT FIT!
- POSITIVE INTERACTIVE / PEOPLE SKILLS – People friendly. You love to help and work with the public
- CUSTOMER ORIENTED – Patient; empathic; providing excellent service and solutions to our customers
- THINKS “YES” BEFORE “NO” – Positive attitude and solutions driven
- MOTIVATION & ENTHUSIASM – You love to work in a fast-paced environment
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Meticulous. You understand details make a difference
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS – With multiple projects on the go, you are able to stay organized to serve customers quickly and efficiently.
- TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS – Multiple customer and order timelines. You know how to keep on schedule
- PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITIES – Confidence with troubleshooting, investigating and providing solutions
- ADAPTABILITY – Flexibility to respond to a variety of situations and requests
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide consistent, superior customer service, ensuring all customer needs and requests are identified and addressed, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Acknowledge and respond in a timely fashion to all order requests, submitted quotes and delivery follow-up
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Recognize opportunities to generate sales leads and new customer development
- Support the achievement of sales/budget targets, which includes maintaining stock control and gross margins while managing cost budgets
- Entering and updating customer information into our Point of Sale software, as needed
- Accepting cash and taking credit/debit card payments
- Minimum one year of proven customer service experience
- Computer skills such as MS office, etc. a definite asset
- Clear communication and effective listening skills
- Exceptional telephone skills and etiquette
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong math skills; mathematically inclined
* Actual responsibilities and qualifications may vary by franchise location. For details on a specific opportunity, please contact the store directly.