Have you always had a natural way with people? Do you love to help? Are you good with your hands and value great customer service? Do you think “yes” before “no?” Are you solutions driven and take pride in customer satisfaction? These traits could make you the perfect fit for a job with variety and great compensation in a stable industry with a rapidly expanding organization.
Metal Supermarkets is the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals with stores across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. We sell a variety of metal products and cutting services to businesses and consumers. Our customers love us because of our outstanding customer service. We’re fast, friendly, convenient and knowledgeable. We’re passionate about service.
Why Join The Metal Supermarkets Team?
We offer competitive wages, opportunities for wage increases, standard work hours – no shift work here, monthly team bonuses, comprehensive training, medical benefits, an education plan, and annual salary reviews. We’ve built a strong team culture. Management is supportive and the team is positive, resourceful and helpful. Turnover is low because our staff love the camaraderie, the environment and the work. We support our teams and we love to promote from within, providing opportunities for advancement.
Position: Delivery Driver
As our Delivery Driver you will be responsible for delivery of customer orders, pickup of material from vendors, and helping out by processing orders in the warehouse, all while maintaining a high standard of customer service. If you are motivated to drive safely and deliver products to customers within deadlines, we can teach you the rest. We’ll train you in operating our machines and working with different metals. If you’re good with your hands and you’re motivated to learn, this is the right job for you!
Your people skills and ability to meet deadlines makes customers feel important, validated and well-served. When you leave a customers’ place of business, the customer is confident with their order and satisfied knowing their experience with Metal Supermarkets was a positive one.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? THE RIGHT FIT!
- MOTIVATION and ENTHUSIASM – You want to work as a part of a great team in a fast-paced environment
- MULTI-TASKING SKILLS – Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task & meet deadlines
- CUSTOMER ORIENTED – You value excellent customer service
- ADAPTABILITY – Ability to react to schedule/routing changes
- 2 years’ driving experience
- Valid Driver’s license, clean driving record and insurable
- Ability to accurately use measuring instruments – tape measures, dial calipers
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written
- Physically able to frequently lift/move metal product weighing 50 -100 lbs
* Actual responsibilities and qualifications may vary by franchise location. For details on a specific opportunity, please contact the store directly.