Have you always had a natural way with people? Do you love to help? Are you good with your hands and value great customer service? Do you think “yes” before “no?” Are you solutions driven and take pride in customer satisfaction? These traits could make you the perfect fit for a job with variety and great compensation in a stable industry with a rapidly expanding organization.
Metal Supermarkets is the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals with stores across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. We sell a variety of metal products and cutting services to businesses and consumers. Our customers love us because of our outstanding customer service. We’re fast, friendly, convenient and knowledgeable. We’re passionate about service.
Why Join The Metal Supermarkets Team?
We offer competitive wages, opportunities for wage increases, standard work hours – no shift work here, monthly team bonuses, comprehensive training, medical benefits, an education plan, and annual salary reviews. We’ve built a strong team culture. Management is supportive and the team is positive, resourceful and helpful. Turnover is low because our staff love the camaraderie, the environment and the work. We support our teams and we love to promote from within, providing opportunities for advancement.
Position: Inside Sales Representative
Your primary responsibility will be to address the service needs of Metal Supermarkets’ customers, interacting through a variety of communication tools, including telephone, email, social media and in-person business. You will be responsible for in-store sales and customer service, business development, as well as aggressively pursuing new customers promoting our products and services.
The ideal candidate understands and supports sales targets, is solutions driven and conducts him/herself in a professional, friendly manner. You foster a team attitude aimed at maintaining effective customer relations.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? THE RIGHT FIT!
- POSITIVE INTERACTIVE / PEOPLE SKILLS – You love to help & work with the public
- CUSTOMER FOCUSED – You quickly understand the needs of others
- JUST SAY YES ATTITUDE – You have a positive, solutions driven attitude
- MOTIVATION & ENTHUSIASM – You love to keep busy
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – You understand details make a difference
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS – You know where to find just what you’re looking for
- TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS – You are able to move between multiple tasks quickly & effortlessly
- PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITIES – You have the answers, and if not, you seek to find them
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide consistent, superior customer service; ensuring all customer needs are identified and addressed; maintaining a high customer satisfaction at all times
- Acknowledge and respond to web and email submitted quotes requests
- Develop and manage relations with key accounts, including quote follow up
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Manage quotes, quote follow up and customer service to build a repeat customer base
- Assist Customer Service with walk ins and order preparations during peak periods
- New account research and prospecting; outbound prospecting and warm calling as assigned
- Review and monitor dormant customers, following up when necessary
- Receive, identify and stock incoming materials as per receiving procedures
- Achieve sales and budget targets through inventory control; gross margins and budget management
- Sales Acumen
- At least one year of proven customer service experience
- Computer skills, such as MS office, etc., a definite asset
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Exceptional telephone skills and etiquette
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Strong math skills; mathematically inclined
* Actual responsibilities and qualifications may vary by franchise location. For details on a specific opportunity, please contact the store directly.