Have you always had a natural way with people? Do you love to help? Are you good with your hands and value great customer service? Do you think “yes” before “no?” Are you solutions driven and take pride in customer satisfaction? These traits could make you the perfect fit for a job with variety and great compensation in a stable industry with a rapidly expanding organization.
Metal Supermarkets is the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals with stores across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. We sell a variety of metal products and cutting services to businesses and consumers. Our customers love us because of our outstanding customer service. We’re fast, friendly, convenient and knowledgeable. We’re passionate about service.
Why Join The Metal Supermarkets Team?
We offer competitive wages, opportunities for wage increases, standard work hours – no shift work here, monthly team bonuses, comprehensive training, medical benefits, an education plan, and annual salary reviews. We’ve built a strong team culture. Management is supportive and the team is positive, resourceful and helpful. Turnover is low because our staff love the camaraderie, the environment and the work. We support our teams and we love to promote from within, providing opportunities for advancement.
Position: Warehouse Worker
Responsible for processing orders while maintaining the highest level of customer service possible. You’ll spend the day on your feet, moving between our customer service counter, the office, and the shop floor. You’ll consult with trade professionals and do-it-yourselfers, helping them where they need it. It will take strong multi-tasking skills and attention to detail.
What matters most is that you’ll bring your people skills to make customers feel welcome and well-served.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? THE RIGHT FIT!
- MOTIVATION & ENTHUSIASM – You love to be busy & part of a great team
- MULTI-TASKING SKILLS – Ability to work well under pressure, move between tasks and meet deadlines
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS – You value excellent customer service
- ADAPTABILITY – Ability to react to schedule changes & service requests
- JUST SAY YES ATTITUDE – Positive and solutions driven
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS – You know where to find just what you need
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Cut customer orders to customer specifications using metal cutting equipment such as saws, hydraulic shear, etc.
- Safely operate forklift to move material around the Warehouse
- Receive, identify and stock incoming materials, as required
- Inventory maintenance & control
- Assist in proper maintenance of equipment (saws, forklift etc.) ensuring safety first for everyone
- Ensure Warehouse is clean, organized and safe at all times
- Perform other duties as requested
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to accurately use measuring instruments – i.e.: tape measure and dial calipers
- Physically able to frequently lift/move metal product weighing 50 -100 lbs
* Actual responsibilities and qualifications may vary by franchise location. For details on a specific opportunity, please contact the store directly.