A defect in metal, on or near the surface, resulting from the expansion of gas in a subsurface zone. Although blisters can form between layers of paint, these are not as common. Blisters are often liquid filled and may take the form of clusters (or rashes). Very small blisters are called “pinheads” or “pepper blisters.”


< Glossary

  • Stay up to date

    Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter and other updates from Metal Supermarkets.

Shopping from the UK?

Visit our UK website for our stores, online ordering and product availability.